The purpose statement of Love Covenant Fellowship is derived from the final words of Jesus to His followers. These words are known as the Great Commission and can be found in Matthew 28:16-20.
Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him—but some of them doubted! Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
The purpose of Love Covenant Fellowship is to lead people to the love and grace of God, and to grow together in a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our hope is that by providing an atmosphere of worship and community, you will know you are not only welcomed here, but you are welcomed into a real, powerful, and life changing relationship with Jesus.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe in one God, maker of all things & being in trinity of Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Son of God, Jesus Christ, became human, was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin and is fully God and was fully man.
3. We believe the Bible, in its entirety, to be the inspired Word of God and the only infallible rule of faith and conduct.
4. We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal life of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the unsaved.
5. We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
6. We believe in water baptism by immersion for believers.
7. We believe in divine healing through the power of God.
8. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, along with the gifts of the Holy Spirit as now available to all believers.
9. We believe in the Christian's hope, the imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
10. We believe in storehouse tithing.
What We Believe
1. We believe in the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of Scriptures as originally given and that they are infallibly and uniquely authoritative and free from error of any sort in all matters with which they deal, including scientific and historical as well as moral and theological (2 Timothy 3:16, 1 Corinthians 2:13, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Psalm 119:105, 160, 12:6, Proverbs 30:5, Isaiah 55:11)
2. We believe in the eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as one God existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; distinguishable but indivisible (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14, Genesis 1:1, 26, 27, 3:22, Psalm 90:2).
3. We believe in the full Biblical record of history, including the literal existence of Adam and Eve as the progenitors of all people, the literal fall of mankind, and the resultant divine curse on creation, the worldwide cataclysmic flood, and the origin of nations and languages at the fall of the tower of Babel. (Genesis 1-11)
4. We believe in the creation, test, and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; man’s total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness. (Romans 5:12, 18)
5. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, fully God and fully man. (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:18, Isaiah 7:14, 9:6, Matthew 1:22,23, Isaiah 9:6, John 1-5, Colossians 2:9-10)
6. We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples (1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Romans 4:25, Hebrews 4:14-15)
7. We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven. His exaltation and personal, literal, and bodily coming again the second tie for the church. (John 14:2-3, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Romans 1:3-4, 1 Timothy 6:14-15, Acts 1:9-11)
8. We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:12,22, Romans 5:11, Romans 6:23, John 14:6, Romans 5:1, 5:8, 10:9-10)
9. We believe in the importance of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to fulfill the command of Christ. (Matthew 28:19, 19:1-6, Matthew 3:16-17, Acts 2:41, 8:12, 2:38-39, Romans 6:4 Colossians 2:12)
10. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation and a distinct aspect of the Christian foundational experience. (Acts 2:1-4, 8:14-17, 19:6)
11. We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14, and as exemplified in the early church.
12. We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world, and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith (Ephesians 5:18, 2 Corinthians 6:14, 7:1 Acts 1:8, John 14:16-17, 16:7-13, Galatians 5:25, 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16)
13. We believe in the healing of the body by Divine power, or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the early church. (Acts 4:30, Romans 8:11, 1 Corinthians 12:9, James 5:14)
14. We believe in Communion, or the Lord’s Supper, for believers. (1 Corinthians 11:23-32)
15. We believe in eternal life for believers (John 5:24, 3:16,17, 14:17, Romans 6:23) and eternal punishment for unbelievers. (Mark 9:43-48, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 20:10-15, Mattew 25:31-35, 41)
16. We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and eternal judgment of Satan and his angels and heaven and hell. (Matthew 25:41, Revelation 20:10-15)
17. We believe that marriage is for man and woman. (Genesis 2:24)